Saturday, September 10, 2011

Boat speech- endoplasmic reticulum

"Boat captain, you should save me the great endoplasmic reticulum. I am the most important organelle that is consisted with two types. Rough endoplasmic reticulum, and smooth endoplasmic reticulum. Basically, my job is known as carrying proteins and other materials to golgi appartus and other organelles. Well to be more specific, ribosomes that are attached in the wall of rough endoplasmic reticulum produces proteins and gets send to Golgi appartus. Golgi appartus is a place where it packages the received materials, and distributes them to other organelles. However, other part of me, the smooth endoplasmic reticulum is consisted with tubules and vesicles. Moreover, The network of SER allows increased surface area for the action or storage of key enzymes and the products of these enzymes. 
With all these vital functions of me the great endoplasmic reticulum, your body will have problem having enough protein production. 
Well, because of the diffusion law, you'll have to take extra more protein rich food to cover the amounts that endoplasmic does not produce. Therefore, make sure to save me ;) 




http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endoplasmic_reticulum

3 comments:

  1. I think this speech that was written by Jae-Won is very organized and well written. I liked how he explained everything about the Endoplasmic Reticulum and how he should stay on the boat. I also learned many new things about the Endoplasmic reticulum and now can easy explain to other people what it is and how it works.
    - Frederik Engel

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me realize that the endoplasmic reticulum functions as a very important role in cells. It made me realize this because this post explains how this organell carries protein and other materials to the Golgi apparatus. After that the apparatus disturbutes the materials sent to other organells. The smooth side of it stores key enzymes.

    ReplyDelete