Saturday, October 29, 2011

Final Cells Project

About three to four weeks ago, our class has received a Final Cells Project. In this project, we had to promote our informational product with the company name call Zoinks!  There were variety of options, Games, Books, Comic Books, etc... however, my plan was to create a book that included both comic and story. 

Basic summary: There are four characters. J, T, BB and Guider. J, and T are the students that joins the mission of investing the efficiency of the cancer vaccine. 
BB is the mad but genius scientist that creates the vaccine for cancer and the creator of spaceship and Guider. 
Guider is a robot that guides J, T to the bone marrow. It also provides the weapon form of vaccine to J, and T.
Basically, the story line is about these 3 people trying to cure the cancer virus in the cancer patient's body...


How I got this Idea: One day, in my portuguese class, our teacher Mrs. Adriana, assigned us to read a portuguese book; and as I went to the elementary library, I found a book call 'Capitao Cueca' the portuguese version of captain underpants. In this book, it included features of comic books, and a flip-o-rama. Soon my Idea producing part of the brain went 'Bling!' I then fused with the concept of our body, where nutrients' functioning, and variety of chemical reactions can be explained.

My goals for this project were simple two things, entertaining and informational. Since it was about a adventure, I wanted to make the story line interesting and keep the readers hooked. 
As it was the Final cells project, it required lots of information about what we've learned so far. Therefore, I wanted the story to include accurate and rich details of cell related informations. 

When I was doing this project, I think the story went fairly well with my actual plan. 
I first researched about the human body, by borrowing the science text book call 'Human Biology and Health' from Mr. Widhalm. Later then, I spent about 2 weeks planning where to connect and fit the information in my story.... As I went on, I ended up writing the whole story down on my notebook... In my final step of copying all the text in the computer, I suffered with the process of editing ....  Overall, other then the grammar editing process, there weren't really a change compared to my original plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment